E-GOVERNMENT AND COMMUNICATION
Supporting new information and communication tools and channels between local governments and its citizens, dldp will contribute to higher transparency and accountability of local governments related to their core tasks and activities, which is one of the main objectives of the national e-government strategy.
In addition, dldp continues to support instruments such as One Stop Shops(OSSH) and up to date interactive websites are innovative tools for provision of e-services to citizens, businesses and/or between government levels, contributing to modernize administration and the provision of more effective and efficient services. The stronger integration from web presence in OSSH and the replication and thus up scaling on national level will be one of the major focuses in dldp 3.
The applied support during dldp 3 will consist of:
In regard to One Stop Shop (OSSH)
• Dissemination and promotion of existing OSSH models (small, middle and big size LGUs)
• Further replication of the model in selected LGUs on competitive bases (through grant fund)
• Expose LGUs beyond dldp 2 programme area to the OSSH model for mobilizing demand
• Improvements of software for governance purposes and support public-private partnership (OSSH) will be sought
In regard to web presence:
• Dissemination, promotion and funding of guidelines for LGU web-presence
• Improvement of capacities and piloting of standards on local level (creation of preconditions for LGUs web presence remains an objective in itself, the needs and feasibility need to be clarified on regional level – best fitting set-up)
• Compliance with national strategies for innovation and technology and downstream it to local and regional level will be fostered
• Exposure to good practices of new LGUs and other programmes
In regard to e-tools and KM:
• Link LGU web presence with KM platform to enable better access to know-how and participative governance for policy making
• Build capacities of LGUs to use e-tools developed during dldp 2 like FPT, cost and tariff model etc.